Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tomatoes in Buckets: Round Two.

"I have a rock garden. Last week three of them died."
- Richard Diran

I'll admit, after the fiasco with Fred last summer, it was really difficult for me to imagine putting more hapless seedlings through the torture which is my gardening. But, I found these really cute cherry tomatoes at the local farmer's market...and you can guess what happened next.

There were four of them, so I have two in buckets and two sharing space in a pail. I'm watering them much less frequently than before. According to the lovely gentleman at the market, this is how I arranged Fred's death last year. So, only once a week.



I still don't think they're looking too good. Anyone out there good with plants and willing to give me advice? They're in a mix of half potting soil, half compost, and being strongly watered every Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment